Terms & Conditions
All Cakes made by Cake Fairy are subject to the following terms and conditions
- All our ingredients are of the highest quality.
- All fruit cakes used contain nuts, or traces of nuts or nut oil.
Sponge, flavoured and chocolate cakes, are made to be eaten on the day of the celebration.
- The cakes are made in premises in which nuts are used, every effort is taken to keep ingredients separate, however cakes may contain traces of nuts or nut oil.
- Sugar paste (the soft icing covering the cake) is not designed to be refrigerated and as such cakes with this icing should be stored in a cool dry place, preferably in the box they were supplied in, refrigeration may cause colours to run.
- We prefer three months’ notice on wedding cakes however we will accept short notice cakes subject to the availability of the date required.
- Any cake ordered from a picture or photo of a cake produced by any other cake maker, can only be reproduced by Cake Fairy as our interpretation of that cake and will not be an exact reproduction of the cake in the picture or photo.
- We require a deposit on placement of order for all cakes, which is deducted from the final balance payable.
- Deposits are non-refundable.
Final Balance Payments
- 50% of balance, is payable 3 months prior to wedding date final balance payment is due 1 month prior to the wedding date.
- No balance no cake.
- Cancellation when design has been chosen.
- Deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Full payment of the cake balance is required if cancellation is within 1 month of the wedding date, 50% of cake balance is required if cancellation is within 3 to 1 months of the wedding date, all cancellations must be submitted in writing by registered post and it is the responsibility of the customer to ensure receipt of the cancellation. On receipt of the cancellation you will be sent confirmation and information of any amounts due at the cancellation date, these amounts must be paid within 7 days of confirmation letter, any unpaid balances will be pursued through the small claims court and customers will be responsible for costs and expenses incurred in this process.
- Please note cakes with sponge tiers may not be completed until the day prior to/or the day of the celebration to ensure the cakes are as fresh as possible
- Any refund given for disputes regarding a cake design or production of a design are completely at the discretion of Cake Fairy and are not automatic.
- Full refunds will never be given for any cake which has been consumed regardless of dispute, as consumption of the cake is viewed as your acceptance that the cake is adequate for the purpose for which it has been supplied.
- All cakes delivered to venues are photographed from different angles to show cake quality on delivery we do not accept any responsibility for loss or damage to the cake or items with the cake such as knives, decorations and
stands, once the cake has been delivered to a venue or collected from our shop, or for loss, damage or non-delivery under unavoidable or exceptional circumstances.
- This in no way affects your statutory rights.
- Cakes will be delivered and set up subject to availability at a cost of $25; any arrangements for delivery may be subject to change, however prior notice will be given where possible.
- Cakes are to be collected from our premises at a prearranged time and date only.
- From time to time our designs are published on our social media pages, national wedding cake magazines and other publications, we reserve the right to use any image of a cake made by Cake Fairy for publication at a later date.
Return of Hired Equipment
- Deposits are taken for all equipment. All equipment must be returned within 3 days of the wedding date (unless alternative arrangements have been agreed prior to wedding in writing) or extra charges may be levied to cover hire costs.
- Any damages to equipment will incur a reduction of deposit returned in order to cover costs of repair or replacement